The Buckinghamshire Ambassadors' scheme was launched in October 2004 by Buckinghamshire County Council. The Ambassadors bring together key people from all walks of life to raise the profile of Buckinghamshire and promote economic growth in the county.
Role of an Ambassador
As a Buckinghamshire Ambassador, there are no time consuming duties or fees to pay. Our only request is that you raise the profile of Buckinghamshire in your every day activities. This can be achieved by disseminating information about Buckinghamshire, using local suppliers where possible and supporting the local community.
Benefits of being an Ambassador:
- The ability to raise the profile of your organisation and its achievements
- Access to events that provide opportunities to network with other Ambassadors to share best practice.
- Newsletters to keep you up to date with local issues
- Opportunities to generate wealth for Buckinghamshire by bringing economic benefits and increased exposure to the county as the place to do business
New Ambassadors are usually invited to join following a recommendation to us. However, if you feel you would make a good Ambassador for Buckinghamshire, and meet the Criteria set out below, please do get in touch using the e-mail below.
Criteria - Ambassadors should:
- Live or work in Buckinghamshire
- Be involved in organisations/projects/initiatives that relate to and have an impact on Buckinghamshire
- and/or represent the county on local/regional/national/international organisations or partnerships
- and/or be in a role that promotes or represents the county, e.g. High Sheriff, Lord Lieutenant (outside of usual member of council roles)
- Be a-political. Political representation is through Chairmen of Council. Those in political roles can become ambassadors, but only if they undertake or are involved in other relevant activity in a personal or professional capacity
- Ambassadors should currently be in a position to play an ambassadorial role (i.e. should not become an Ambassador purely on the strength of previous positions held)
If you would like more information on the Ambassadors, please contact Lauren Pearce at Lauren@bbf.uk.com. If you would like to request to become an Ambassador, please send your CV (stating why you would make a good Ambassador) to above email address.